These days, when homemade meals are the new norm, it helps to keep things interesting in the kitchen.💡 We figured we could all use a fun twist on cooking our fave cheesedogs at home!🧀🌭😋
Not only is this a great, quick-to-prepare snack option for the kiddos who are probably tired of having the usual fried hotdogs, but, we as adults, felt the recipe had a slight hint of sophistication with the addition of the mashed potatoes. Plus, we had oodles of fun making, shooting, and, of course, eating them, too!😛
Here's the full recipe: Fun and Easy Croquettes with CDO Idol Cheesedog
Serving size: 6-8 pieces
4 medium-sized potatoes
1 pack 500g CDO Idol Jumbo Cheesedog
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
1 tbsp of parsley (optional)
2 cups flour
2 cups breadcrumbs
1. Peel and boil 4 medium-sized potatoes.
2. Slice the cheesedogs into bite-size pieces.
3. Mash the boiled potatoes.
4. Add a tablespoon of butter and season it with salt, pepper, parsley* and parmesan cheese*. Mix well.
5. Scoop some mashed potatoes then put a slice of cheesedog in the middle, and shape it into a ball. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Coat the balls with flour, dip in beaten eggs, then coat with breadcrumbs.
7. Fry the balls for 3 minutes until golden brown.
8. Serve and enjoy!
💡 Don't fry too many croquettes at the same time; this reduces the temperature of the oil and causes the coating to fall apart.
💡For sanitary purposes, even at home, use gloves when handling the food directly.
💡 Use honey mustard, mayo, or ketchup as dips.
On your next grocery run, don’t forget to grab a pack or two of CDO Idol Cheesedog in any leading supermarkets near you and make your own croquettes, too!🤗